If you are someone who drives around frequently, keeping your car clean can be quite taxing. Cars are constantly exposed to the weather, and there are several elements out there to make the factory paint fade over time.
However, there are ways in which you can retain the factory paint job and protect the surface against dirt, grime, and stone chips. Ceramic coating for car or nano-coating is a technology that adds a layer of protection over the surface of your car and thus, keeps it shiny and clean every day of the year.
What is 9H ceramic coating?
Ceramic coating is a fluoropolymer solution that chemically bonds with the factory paint to create a layer of protection. It is a hydrophobic solution that repels water. It is highly resilient and incredibly durable. 9H is the measure of the hardness of the ceramic coating once set on the surface.
What does it benefit?
Since ceramic coating involves chemicals, it is highly resistant in nature. Apart from being a water repellent:
- Protection from harmful UV rays: Ceramic coating protects the paint from oxidizing, preventing the onset of your car from acquiring a dull and faded look.
- Protection from chemical stains: The air has contaminants that can cause damage. Besides, acid rain can further deteriorate the surface of your car. The ceramic coating helps to prevent these contaminants or pollutants from bonding with the paint. With the air pollution index rising by the day, this is especially important.
- Protection from dirt, grime: Due to its hydrophobic nature, all water-based dirt and grime will slide off the surface.
- Low maintenance: Since ceramic coating involves chemical bonding, the polymer does not wear off. It requires another chemical process for removal altogether. Hence, it is unaffected by the usual contaminants that expose the car.
- Glossy appearance: For all car owners, aesthetics are important. Ceramic coating makes the paint appear glossy and adds depth to it.
- Engine and Interior protection: Since it is water repellent, it prevents moisture from damaging the engine and interiors of the car.
Is ceramic coating costly compared to other coatings?
Although ceramic coatings are slightly more expensive, they are undoubtedly better than other coatings and provide more value for money. The 9h ceramic coating cost depends on the size and condition of your car. The cost of ceramic coating in Gurgaon is based on the following factors:
- The repair work required in setting the surface before applying the coat.
- The labor involved.
- Cost of the ceramic products
- Polishing and washing.
Ceramic Pro Coat
Ceramic Pro Coatis a silicon carbide ceramic coating. It repels water and intensifies the gloss on the surface. It reduces swirl marks, releases dirt, and protects against bird droppings and UV fading.
Faded plastic trim is an ongoing issue for vehicles. Opti Trim contains high levels of UV absorbers to help prevent future fading and provide long-term protection against oxidation.
It provides durable UV protection and prevents yellowing due to environmental conditions. It is applied to the headlights and taillights of the car.
Ceramic Pro Plus
It is the enhanced version of Opti Coat Pro. It adds gloss and slickness to the paint.
Ceramic Glass Coat
Usually applied on windscreens and windows, Opti Glass pro improves visibility in wet-weather driving while making dirt, mud, frost, and ice much easier to remove.
It protects the surface from bird droppings, acid & other corrosive substances. It produces a more resilient than factory finish that is easier to maintain and is more resistant to paint damage.
Optimum gloss coat is a high-tech polymer system that creates an additional layer of clear coat over the paint to produce a glossy look.